The U.S. State Department confirmed Tuesday that a U.K. man who claims to have been a member of the U.N. commandos operating in Yemen has been captured by Yemen’s military.

The U.KS.

Ministry of Defence confirmed to ABC News that it was aware of the man’s claims of U.L.G.I.R.O. involvement.

Yemeni military spokesman Ahmed al-Fawzi told the Associated Press that the man had been captured and is being interrogated.

“We have confirmed that the suspect was captured in the southern province of Hudaydah and is under interrogation,” he said.

Fawzzi added that the military is searching for other possible U.M.F. agents.

ABC News’ Catherine Lucey and Ben Gittleson contributed to this report.

Tags: Categories: Contact